Monday, April 2, 2012

Porcupines Pick Their Person

Our wedding weekend came and went and it was perfectly US.


I was always highly cynical of people who said, “Don’t worry; NOTHING can ruin your day.” But, I can definitely attest to the fact that the sentence is incredibly true. I’ll be straight-up and say nothing was *perfect*. It’s fitting though. I have never believed in perfection. Perfection is boring, and the random things that happen to us are always hilarious stories later on.

The whole weekend was full of the weird snafus that happen in my daily life and, frankly, I didn’t really care. From the monster cystic zit under my nose, to the antibiotic I took that gave me a horrible stomach ailment starting at 5 AM the day of the wedding, to messing up a move in our first dance number (oh, yes, we did a dance number-more to come), and our chalkboard cake flavors getting lost in the mix... it was still an absolute fantastic weekend.


It never rained. Everyone raved about our ceremony. People kept telling us how much they loved our venue and details. My dress zipped up perfectly. We laughed all weekend long. We danced all night and even DJed for a bit. We ate leftover hors’ devours and challah bread post-wedding in the hotel lobby. And, most importantly of all, my best friend for the past 5 years became my husband.



I will tell you this as I stand on “the other side.” Things will go wrong. People may not show. People may disappoint you. You might break out. You will forget a picture or two you meant to take. But, it will not matter. None of that will matter when it’s all said and done. It is really true... nothing can ruin your day when it's truly yours.


**all pictures are by friends, posted with permission

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!! Everything looks perfect from what I see. I'm glad it didn't rain and everything went well :) Can't wait for recaps!

    ReplyDelete