Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Post Wedding Poetic

How do I put this gently?

I am over my wedding.

I know Weddingbee is all about weddings, but something happened to me post-wedding. I mind dumped all our wedding details, all the to-do lists, all the hours of obsession over how to do my hair and tie my sash, and like I predicated: just.stopped.caring. I think it's why I've been kind of quiet, just lurking around the hive in the shadows. Kinda like the Phantom of the Opera dude- or something.

I am waiting on the CD of our wedding images to come my way to share our recaps. For now, I have the copyright-protected photos to skim through on my photographer’s site. I’ve looked at them twice, maybe three times- just because there are way too many to skim through in one sitting. But, that’s it. I just can’t muster the desire to do any post-wedding wrap-up, like create our album, edit our raw family-shot wedding footage, or pick out pictures to develop. Eventually I will, but for awhile I need a serious break.

It was a good day. A great wedding. I had so much more fun than I thought I would. I loved our details. I really enjoyed how everything came together. But, I don’t want to sit and think about it. I don’t want to gaze at pictures. I didn’t come down with that post-wedding depression people speak of. That sudden feeling that everything is over and it sucks and it's sad. Honestly, I'm happy to put that year and a half of non-stop planning, crafting, and organizing details behind me. I kind of just want to do life-stuff like go out to eat and travel without doing a wedding task on the way, which is what Mr. P and I have been doing.

Don't get me wrong. I don't regret having a wedding. I just feel like it's over, and it's okay not to focus on it much anymore. I will definitely be around soon with our recaps, and have a few more things to share that I left out along the way. I just needed a good breather from the land of wed.

Maybe I’m in the minority for being so over my wedding so fast. Do I lack some type of girly bridal gene? Am I the only one who just flat out stopped caring right when the wedding ended?

No comments:

Post a Comment