Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Minute Details- The Final Countdown

Yes, I am still planning a wedding.

The holiday season zipped on by, and now I am sitting here with UNDER 90 days to go until our wedding. I’m not sure how this happened, and sadly I am still in a stagnant with the detail planning. Everything is in limbo right now. Invitations are sitting in a pile on our desk, the guest list is touched up and ready to get printed onto labels, I have a list a mile long of little incidentals that need to be ordered/created, there is a plan of action for the chalkboard frames, and my first dress fitting is approaching in a few weeks. I am anxiously awaiting some of the fun parts of wedding planning to roll out. But, yet, here I sit in limbo. Limbo is my hell (haha, limbo...hell, get it?) I digress...

Other than that, there are only about 200 things going on at once in our lives. More on all that later. For now I give you the one single task I was able to accomplish in the past few weeks. (Slow, lame bride).

In between my three actual work days between Christmas and New Years, I made a vow to actually get wedding stuff done. I really thought I could kick start my DVR-induced brain into crafting. I quickly remembered why I prefer throwing my money at Etsy instead of doing any actual crafts. On the to-do list was purchasing chalkboard frame-making supplies and a cork board for our guest “book,” which I’ve decided will be a cloth-covered cork board that I’ll have our guests thumb tack messages onto.

While strolling through the aisles of Michael’s post-Christmas, I had instant flashbacks to my sorority crafting days, and how, well… no one ever wanted me to craft with them. I have craft-induced rage. Obviously Michael’s had absolutely nothing I was looking for, because I am convinced all chain-stores in NYC lack the ability to keep stock of anything, and have no desire to hire people who can keep their damn stores organized (no joke, the holy angels sing when I go to the Wal-Marts, Targets, and Home Depots of NJ or PA or ANY state really that is not in NYC). Regardless, I did leave with one item that I found about two seconds after stepping foot into the store.

Our card box.



Yup, that’s it, folks. A giant faux-book that is in actuality a box with peacocks on it. DONE and doner. I contemplated a few different ideas for the card box, but it dawned on me to just buy it and move along, because WHO the HELL is going to remember my card box in up-teen years? Yes, there are some really cute DIY card boxes out there, bird cages, vintage milk boxes, hat boxes made of tin foil, spice racks from 1947, ETCETERA. But, at the end of the day, I’m better off just accomplishing a task and being done with it instead of obsessing when there are bigger fish to fry.

Did you make any impulse “get this DONE” purchases at the end of your planning?

No comments:

Post a Comment