Saturday, August 27, 2011

I Kid! I Kid!

Image via Video Gum
Remember that dog?

But I digress. This post is not about Triumph the Insult Comic dog or lines from Eminem’s raps. It is about legit kids.

When it came to deciding if we wanted a kid-free or kid-attended wedding it was a no-brainer for us. It was a definite yes to kids. There were only three kids that would need to be invited when we made the guest list. But, most of all, Mr. Porcupine and I LOVE kids. We can’t wait to have our own one day, one day in the FUTURE, thanks. Until then I like to encourage other people around me to have babies so that I can babysit, and also so that I can have them looking cute at my wedding (although with only 7 months to go now, I guess that wouldn’t work out).

I am so glad that Mr. Porcupine's side of the family has little kids, because my family hasn’t had little ones running around in a long time. Mr. Porcupine's two little cousins will be our flower girls, and his male little cousin will be the ring bearer.

As if having a three-kid-bridal-party wasn’t cute enough for me, it turns out that we are going to be an Aunt and Uncle! Mr. Porcupine's brother and sister-in-law are expecting, and the little guy will be 3 months by the time the wedding rolls around. This immediately brought me to dreams of babies in wagons (the ring bearer and flower girls range in age from 5-7 so I don't think they'd appreciate a wagon ride down the aisle).

Image via Libby James Blog / Photo by Sweet Caroline Photo


Although the new little guy might be too teeny tiny for my wagon dreams, I can not wait for the adorable photos to be had.






Having kids at your wedding isn't for everyone, but it works for us. We love visiting Mr. Porcupine's little cousins, and we're excited for them to take part in our day. We’re also really lucky that our venue is attached to a house. If they get tired or cranky they can go in the bride or groom dressing room to play games and nap. We still haven't decided if a babysitter is necessary. Since the kids attending the wedding live pretty far from most of Mr. Porcupine's family; I know there will be aunts, uncles, grandmas, and family friends willing to switch off supervising the kids throughout the night.

For some, kids are just an added headache, but we can't wait for them to take part in our big day.

Were kids at your wedding a must-have or a no-no?

No comments:

Post a Comment