Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Say Cheese!

Image via wallspool.com

Photography became one of the most important things to me when we began planning our wedding. I can’t take a good picture to save my life (does catching people in compromising moments count as a good photographer?), but I have always appreciated people who can. Having the talent to figure out the right angle, lighting, zoom, shutter speed, etc. has always been really interesting to me. And, when it’s all said and done, the photos will be the only thing I have to fully remember the wedding by (because let’s be honest, my memory can barely hold onto what I need to pick up at the grocery store.)

After finding a great venue, I searched through a list of preferred vendors on their site. I matched their list up with photographers who won “Best of” on the Knot, and scoured their websites and photo blogs for an idea on their styles. It didn’t take me long to realize I love photojournalistic style pictures. I’ll need to take a few standard photos for the sake of memories, parents' preferences, and tradition, but I want the bulk of my pictures to be completely random and non-posed (I think I just made up that word).

Since Mr. Porcupine and I were proactive and booked all our vendors early the two photographers we had the chance to met with had our dates available. Although I had planned to meet with a few more photographers I decided I was done after meeting with one photographer in particular who I had blog-stalked for months. She has a great eye for catching little moments, and we really clicked with her personality. This is one of the most important things when choosing a photographer. If someone rubs you the wrong way the last thing you want to do is SAY CHEESE!

We were even more persuaded when the price was right. We were able to make the package price fit into our budget after skimping on extras like lifetime portraits and an engagement session, which I didn't particularly want to do. Plus, as a bonus, she has shot our venue A LOT so she knows the ins and outs of where to get the best shots.


*All photos via Klose Photography's awesome blog*



 At our venue

Where our ceremony will be held

Was choosing your photographer a no brainer, too? Am I the only bride out there blog stalking for pictures of my venue?

No comments:

Post a Comment