Monday, August 6, 2012

Porcupines Pick Their Person- The Real First Dance

*All photography copyright of Klose Photography

Since we had our first look before the ceremony we were able to enjoy our cocktail hour with family and friends. It was a whirlwind of hellos, pictures, and skipping the bar line (bride bar line privileges were the best). Before we knew it it was time to line-up and start the party!

We walked in to "Umbrella" by Rihanna, a college favorite with a very random story

Parting the crowd with my peacock umbrella

We went right into our first dance




Now, I know I said our first dance was going to be to "Look After You," by the Fray, but although that was a part of our first dance song- it wasn't our REAL first dance. You see, Mr. P's name is a part of a very popular Rick Springfield song that you may all have enjoyed a time or two after some cocktails at happy hour. (Just spelled without that tricky extra "i" everyone sticks in their).


Over time it has become "our song." At any party, bar, or wedding that we go to, when the song comes on, our friends start the odd semi-circle around us and we all sing along like the fools we are. Obviously you all must have sensed by now that I'm not normal, and a choreographed dance had to happen! Even though I was never the type to plan our wedding in my head while we were dating- I was ALWAYS planning this dance that my dancer sister was able to choreograph for our simple non-dancer brains.

 We worked with our DJ to have the two songs scratched together so that it sounded like a mistake in the middle of our first dance

 
The well known line of: "Where can I find a woman like that?" ...


Then it was time to get everyone up to join in 

 And, join in, they did...

 
Then we moved right into the second song of the night, "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO

It got our wedding off to a great start...

And, because I like to embarrass myself on the interwebz I have the raw footage of our first dance to share with you all starting at the choreographed portion. We didn't have a videographer at our wedding so Mr. P's brother was nice enough to record this.

 
Do you plan to have a choreographed dance at your wedding or do you prefer the traditional route? What do you think of our first dance?

No comments:

Post a Comment