Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Accessories Addict

I have a problem I need to own up to. I have a serious addiction to all things accessories. My need for accessories can not be quelled. For one, I thought this would be a good organization solution:

Personal photo of my lame closet

It’s now a tangled mess, and that’s just a touch of the mass heap I own.

You know I’m having a bad day if I haven’t put in the effort to add a necklace or earrings into the mix. Less accessories=stay away. So, it seems only fitting that I should stock up on wedding day accessories.

To start, I bought this on a whim after a particularly good sale on DSW’s online wedding shop. I’m not entirely sure how I feel about it in-person. It mighttt be a little too sequiny grandma-ish (I think my grandma actually pawned something similar off to me), but I strangely like it. It’ll be useful for holding some tissues, a compact, bobby pins and the like, and fits in with the peacockness of everything.



Then, a friend found this ring at the awesome seasonal Lee Angel sample sale. They manufacture the jewelry for a lot of stores, such as JCrew and Ann Taylor. I thought it would go perfect, and I’ll be sure to slip it on after the ceremony.



As my shoe hunt begins, I’m leaning towards doing a peacock shoe clip on a simple blue flat or low heeled shoe. I have one bookmarked away on Etsy to purchase soon.

Image via 2cutebowsdesigns on Etsy

Deciding on necklace/earrings will be my biggest challenge because I am a serious nutcase. I can’t decide if I should do the traditional pearl studs and pearl necklace, or get a little bit wackier. And, by wackier I don't mean a spike necklace or leather choker. I mean something chunky and trendy along the lines of Mrs. Panther's awesome Lee Angel necklace. That is a task for another day though.

I can’t help it. I love accessories. Almost more than clothes, and definitely more than shoes.

Do you have wedding day accessories picked out yet?

1 comment: