Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bridesmaids Galore

I have a scandalous amount of bridesmaids. Eight. I've noticed that in Weddingbee world this is often considered a humungo number. Some people think it's downright ridiculous. Honestly, most New York weddings have big wedding parties. Even though I'm not doing the New York thang for our wedding, I guess I can't shake that part of my "wedding culture." It might sound like an excessive amount of girls, but they are all my bridesmaids for good reason.

My sister is my maid of honor, then I have my two best friends from home, my four best college friends, and my sorority little sister who is a major reason why Mr. P and I are even together. We may not get to see each other as much as we used to, we may not get to speak to each other as much as we want to, but I know these girls would be there for me no matter what. They have been there supporting me and Mr. P's relationship since day one, so it only makes sense that they stand beside us on our big day.

Has it been difficult coordinating schedules and getting everyone in one place? Yes. There are always ways around things though, and we've made it work. Our only group shot may be on the day of the wedding, but that's okay. Life is busy and messy like that.

When it came time to ask these ladies to be my bridesmaids I decided I wanted to be a big cheeseball. I called it a brunch day (obviously they all knew why we were eating brunch) and whipped up a fritata, muffins, fruit salad, bought some bagels, and poured mimosas.

My first time making muffins - I was overly proud of myself

Some of the spread

Each girl got a little picture frame with a shot of us from sometime through the years, and a card I printed up on cardstock. Since, yes, it's hard to get everyone in the same place at one time, half of my bridesmaids couldn't make it that day.  And, because I fail at life, I still have four presents for my remaining bridesmaids in a box at my desk. (So, hit me up ladies.) Whoops! I need to re-attach my head to my body sometimes. I have no good excuse.




I can't believe how long ago this was now that I am looking back at these pictures (at our first place)! It seems like an eternity ago, and in just a few months the big day will be here. Wacky.

Did you go the route of having a lot of bridesmaids? How do you tackle the logistics of handling a big bridal party?

*all pictures are personal photos

No comments:

Post a Comment