Monday, November 21, 2011

Time for Some Eatz

We had one of the most successful wedding task weekends ever, and it’s kinda weird that everything is starting to come together. First up, I’ll start with the most delicious part of the weekend: the EATZ.

Like most brides I worry about people bitchin’ about the wedding food. Overall, when I go to weddings I never expect some type of insane 5-star quality food. I just expect SOMETHING of substance to put in my belly so that I can have some cocktails without baby necking (when you start to fall asleep and your head hits your shoulder).

Image via Harper's Happenings (Um, how CUTE is this kid?)

Our tasting slot was early- 10 AM. So, yes, we had dinner for breakfast, and luckily it was all so good that I didn't mind eating soup with my Dunkin' coffee.

We didn’t get to taste our hors d'oeuvres (which by the way is the hardest word to try to spell in such a way that spellcheck knows what the hell you're trying to write), but we began with the fateful soup decision. We originally contemplated just cutting the soup, but after the tasting it was too good to pass up.
French Onion vs. Tomato Parmesan

The french onion soup was REALLY good, and is a favorite of Mr. Porcupine’s in general. I think we've tasted every french onion soup in our path. We had to include it. It was the clear winner.

Yum, cheesey crostini (and Dunkin' Donuts coffee)

Then we had an Italian salad in a creamy garlic dressing. I was worried the dressing would be too overpowering, but it had a light taste to it that wasn’t too garlicy at all.


Yes, garlic and onions- so far we are really looking for people to have some fantastic breath at our wedding. Maybe I should make the favor Porcupine mints.

The main courses came out next, and I think everyone will like the selections we picked. (And, if you don't- BOO- plan on filling up on the quiches at cocktail hour.)

For the chicken dish, we devoured it before my brain realized I didn’t take a pre-EAT ME picture.

Chicken Galantine- devoured

The chicken galantine course is baked chicken stuffed with feta cheese and spinach. It was served in a red pepper cream sauce along with a stuffed red pepper that we quickly eliminated from the menu. It was good, but it didn’t mesh with anything.

Grilled Eggplant Option

For the vegetarians - or HEY I WANT TO SKIP ON THE MEATS guests- we will be serving a grilled eggplant dish stuffed with mozzarella cheese and sprinkled with sauteed tomatoes. On the side we tried the asparagus tips that were the definite veggie side winner.

Braised Short Ribs 

Lastly, for meat lovers, we are switching up the usual steak option and serving braised short ribs. They were freakin’ delish. Not too fatty and not chewy at all. It melted right in your mouth & I’m not even a big meat eater. On the side was garlic mashed potatoes, which will be served along with the asparagus with all entrées.

The food was even more delicious then we expected. I can't wait to scarf down some braised short ribs after consuming straight salads the month before the wedding (I'm being dramatic, but yanno).

Were you impressed with your wedding venue food?

1 comment:

  1. I was also really impressed with Riverdale food! But was slightly disappointed because those braised short ribs were not an option when we first did our tasting, so we missed out! It is so nice to have that out of the way. I'm sure everything will be fantastic. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete