Thursday, July 12, 2012

Porcupines Pick Their Person- But, Not their Pimple

Alright, this is all pretty vulgar of me, but to stay true to the story I can't really sugar coat this pimple situation. I think during a lot of the planning of a wedding we all forgot that, even though it's a special day, it's truly just a DAY. A day like any other. Some days are good, some days are bad. Some days you have a really good hair day, and some days you have a really grotesque pimple that surpasses the depths of humanity. But, before all that...

The day before the rehearsal dinner was pretty easy. I dropped off the hotel bags with my MIL; fixed up our program & menu chalkboards while mumbling to myself, erasing and re-writing the same things 10 times; and had a relaxing dinner at my in-law’s house.

However, while all this was going on, the most hideous, horrifying pimple was beginning to form under my nose. I am not exaggerating in the least bit when I say this sucker was bent on ruining my life (okay, maybe that’s a slight exaggeration). It was the painful cystic type, and as I was trying to kill it with every single product possible I began to think that I really needed a cortisone shot to bring down the swelling. Easy enough, right?

The catch was that I had two days until our wedding and one day until the rehearsal dinner. How the heck would I get an appointment on such short notice? Luckily, the Friday morning of the rehearsal dinner (oh, remember we had no power too), my FIL was able to get me a last minute early morning appointment at their family dermatologist. I thought my problem was solved. It had only just begun!

My MIL offered to drive me to the appointment, and as we pulled up she let me know- as if this was normal and happened any old day - that the dermatologist office WAS IN A VETERINARIAN'S OFFICE. This might have been the funniest part, but it wasn’t...

I get into the appointment, and upon first glance at the monstrosity under my nose, the dermatologist tells me it is “seriously infected.”

Super. 

He then goes on to explain that he can’t give me a cortisone shot, because the damn pimple is in the “danger zone.” If shot with cortisone the bacteria in it could shoot up my face, into my brain, and kill me. Yes, he actually said KILL ME. Like, die. The day before my wedding!

Um, awesome. 

You seriously can’t make this shit up! I just sat there laughing inside. The dermatologist wrote me a prescription for an antibiotic to kill the infection (and hopefully bring down the swelling) and a topical cream. After getting it filled and popping a pill, we were back to my in-law’s house to pack up the stuff to take to our venue. It took three cars!

All the "STUFF"

 Our venue the day before. It was so weird to know the next day it would be set for our wedding!

After the big drop-off, we all went to the hotel down the road to check-in.  We relaxed before getting ready for the rehearsal dinner- mostly I was just panicking about my zit, and Mr. P and I decided it would be a perfect time to exchange our wedding gifts to each other.

How did the day before your wedding go?


No comments:

Post a Comment